ZipLine Medical Inc. (“ZipLine”, “Company”) is based in Campbell, CA and commercialises innovative post-surgical wound closure devices that address the need for rapid, non-invasive and easy-to-use skin closure. The Company’s products address a >$1B market.
ZipLine’s PRELOC™ technology platform has the following benefits:
• Minimises scar-promoting tension along the wound hence resulting in excellent cosmesis
• Saves 5-15 minutes per procedure
• Unlike sutures and staples, doesn’t pierce the skin, potentially decreasing wound infections and needle stick injury for physicians
• Potentially reduces recovery time, due to enabling faster patient mobility when compared with staple based wound closure
• Is easy and not painful to remove, unlike staples
The Company’s products have been used in over 20,000 patients and are available in 30 countries. The Series-D financing, led by MVM, will be used for commercial roll-out of the product globally under the management of CEO, John Tighe. Bali Muralidhar and Stephen Reeders have joined ZipLine’s Board of Directors.